At this article we will propose to visit historical parts of Podolie and Galicia. The 14-days route will show you the richest land by medieval castles. In no other region of Ukraine has been preserved as much medieval castles as in the Ternopil region. It has more than thirty. However, most of them are in ruins now but very picturesque and romantic. Former owners of these lands, which were part of the historic Galicia, chose spectacular places on the steep hills in the bends of the rivers for the construction of their residences. Podolsk Upland is rich with such beauty. The four-days route by castles of Ternopil finishes behind Dniester – at Bukovina, where you`ll visit one of the most interesting and original cities, Chernivtsi. Most of the route runs along the main road E -40 (M-19), which is in poor condition only in late winter and early spring, but the thoroughfares to the individual objects could require special passability.
Vishnevets village on the river Goryn is located on the "Ternopil – Kremenets" route. Known since the XIV century as the property of Novgorod-Seversky Prince Dmitry Koribut son of Lithuanian Grand Duke Algirdas Gediminas. In 1463 passes by inheritance to his descendants: brothers Michael and Soltan who build the castle and begin to call themselves "Vyshnevets'kie" by name of the village. With name of their famous offspring, D. Vishnevetsky (Baida) the foundation Zaporizhzhya Sich is connected, and therefore son of Michael J. Vishnevetzkogo, Tomas, became the Polish king. In 1603 there was held a betrothal of Falsdmitry I and Mnishek Marina. In 1640 I. Vishnevetsky built a new castle across the river, where Bohdan Khmelnytsky was imprisoned subsequently. Also the Carmelite Monastery has been founded here. Last of Vishnevetsky family, Michael, made a magnificent palace on the basis of fortifications which is preserved to our days. In the XVIII century princes Mnishek hosts Vishnevets and arranged that adorned palace with rich finish and collected an art collection, and made a landscape park. In 1867 the estate bought by amateur scientist B. Plater but because of the financial collapse was soon forced to sell it. Last owners scarcely cared about the castle during World War II and it was badly damaged. Only recently it experiencing an active restoring. Vishnevets has been visited by many famous people: Polish king Stanislaw August and Tsar Paul I, Taras Shevchenko and Honore de Balzac.
Rich in historical monuments Zbraj-town situated on the banks of Gniezno river (tributary of river Seret), on the northwestern tip of the mountain range Tovtra. Known since 1211, initially was part of the Galicia-Volyn principality, then Poland, Austria-Hungary. In Old (Staryj) Zbraj ancient settlement preserved with the remains of the castle built in the XIV century by prince D. Koribut of Gediminas dynasty. Since 1434 the city became the seat of the Polish princes Nesvitsky, which soon became known as Zbarazhsky. In 1589 the town and castle were completely burned by the Tatars. The brothers Christopher and Yuri Zbarazhsky decided to move his residence to the east: to the place of the current Zbarazh where they laid a new castle which is perfectly preserved to this day. In the XVIII century he belonged to the princes Vyshnevetsky. Zbarazhsky castle became famous during the Liberation War in 1649 to withstand the siege of the Cossack troops B. Khmelnitsky which ended with the signing of the Zborowski` contract (these events are described in the novel H. Sienkiewicz's "With Fire and Sword") . In 1707 Hetman Ivan Mazepa and the Russian Tsar Peter I visited Zbarazh. Now the city is the center of the National Reserve "Castles of Ternopil". There are many architectural attractions, tourist infrastructure is rapidly developing: hotels, restaurants and recreation areas are at your service.
City Ternopil is cozy regional center on the river Seret. It is one of the historic cities of Galicia and it was originated in the XVI century on the ruins of ancient Russian strengthening Sopilche (Topilche) ruined by Tartars. In 1540 Krakow Castellan, the great crown hetman Jan Tarnowski, began construction of the castle to protect the Polish border from Tatar raids on donated by King Sigismund I lands of Terebovlia. In his honor the town was named Tarnopol. In 1548 the town was granted Magdeburg rights. At various times it belonged to Austria, Russia and Poland. Zamoyski, Sobieski, Potocki families owned it alternately. The city experienced many fires and destruction. In particular, it was completely devastated by the Turks in 1672 and the afterward revival began only at the end of XVIII century. In 1918, some time Ternopil was the capital of ZUNR (People`s Republic of Western Ukraine). Many monuments of architecture, history and culture, which have both eclectic and modern features are preserved up to these days. Architectural ensembles of the central part with the pedestrian zone give an idea about the character of the old buildings of Ternopil. The life and activities of the singer Solomiya Krushelnytska and film director L. Kurbas are associated with the city. The Day of Ternopil is celebrated on August 28.
Mikulintsi village is one of the oldest settlements of Ternopil. It`s located on the river Seret in 20 km south of Ternopil, near to the "Ternopil – Chernivtsi" interstate. City of Mikulin known since 1096 as the northern outpost of Terebovlia, which was independent principality, and Galicia-Volyn state afterwards. According to one version, the village`s name associated with the name of its founder, B. Mikula, to the other version, with the name of the ancient church of St. Nicholas. There was a trade route from Galich to Kiev. Current name Mikulintsi was received in the XIV century being the part of Poland. Town owner, Countess A. Jordanów kind of Senyavsky, built the castle in 1550 for defense against the Tatars. Its fragments have survived to the present day. Later it became the property of Konetspolsky, then Mnishek, further Potocki families. Potocki palace (XVIII c.), which was rebuilt later by Baron J. Konopka, is preserved. At walking distance from Mikulinets Konopka has found curative mineral spring and create the first in Nadzbruch spa resort where noble gentry treated. The last owners were representatives Mikulintsy count's family Rey. Popular live unpasteurized beer "Mikulinetskoe" local breweries producing " Brewery " founded by Count M. Ray in 1885
Podzamocheck (ukr. Pidzamochok) is a little village and is a Buchach`s suburb. It was appeared with the beginning of construction of the castle by Y. Buchachskiy, which was supposed to protect the approaches to Buchach from north. Besides the castle ruins, there is a small complex of road service with a café and gas station. And here is Buchach than.
Buchach-City is one of the most picturesque district centers of Podolye and it`s located highly on the banks of the Stripa river. Known since 1397 as the property of Lithuanian magnates Buceatchi. In the XVI century had passed to Golsky , then to Potocki, who built a castle in the Renaissance style on the site of the elder one (now the ruins) . In 1672, under a tree in Buchach named "Zolotaya Lipa (Golden Linden)" , which remained at the road to Sokolov village. There was peace-treaty between the Ottoman Empire and the Polish- Lithuanian Commonwealth signed what is known as " Buchachskiy peace". Border passed on the Stripa has divided the city into two parts – the eastern one ( Turkish ) and western ( Polish ) . The Turkish occupation lasted 11 years. In 1683 the city had been visited by the Polish king Jan III Sobieski . Buchach flourished in the XVIII century. It came real thankfully to activities of magnates Potocki family which owned much of its historic buildings. By the funds of Potocki with the participation of eminent architect and famous sculptor, Meretin Pinzel, were built many temples and majestic town hall which is now an ornament of the city. Buchach became the center of education in the beginning. XIX c. , When gymnasium was founded at the Basilian monastery. Here was born Nobel laureate writer, Joseph Agnon Shumel. City known for producing cognac brand " Buchach " , which laid the basis for Count Potocki .
Chortkiv- City is large regional center on the river Seret with a slight European flavor in architecture, comfortable for walking. First mentioned in 1522 with the name associated with its founder from the noble family Chartkovskiy . In the XVII century. the new owners of the genus Groholsky built castle-fortress. Further intensive development of the city is associated with them. In 1648 it became one of the centers of the peasant uprising, then was controlled by Turkey, Austria , Poland. Before the Second World War here lived a large Jewish community. XXX After the deportation of Ukrainians from Poland in 1947 Chortkiv settled large community Lemke, who now make up 20% of the district population. Old Town Market Square , despite the neglect of most of the buildings resembles European provincial towns . This color creates a high neo-Gothic church , the old town hall with the clock on the tower and a cockerel on the steeple , the small houses in the Art Nouveau curves cobbled streets . Hotels and restaurants Chortkiv low level .
Nyrkov is a small village on the river Dzhurin located near Chervonohorod (Chervonogrud Chervonograd). Recently gained popularity among tourists seeking to visit. This is the historical name of a huge basin with steep red , the bottom of which in the IX century. was an Old Cherleny town mentioned in chronicles as Castrum Rubrum (Red Castle). In the XII century. Mongol-Tatars destroyed the wooden fortress . Since 1351 the Lithuanian princes belonged Chervonohorod Koriatovichi ( Koryatovicha ) , who built on a bend of the river Dzhurin new wooden castle . In 1448 the town was granted Magdeburg rights . After a half century N. Danilovich was rebuilt stone castle, but frequent attacks of the Turks , Vlachs and Tatars soon turned a thriving city in the village . Dinning near the castle powerful waterfall Dzhurin ( Chervonogradsky waterfall ) has an artificial origin : according to legend, during the siege of the Turks blew stone ridge to change the channel of the river , which had skirted the castle. In 1820 became the residence of Prince Chervonogorud K. Poninskogo . Defensive tower served as the basis for the imperial palace in the Gothic style . After World War manor come to desolation , and as soon Chervonohorod town ceased to exist ( on the map only Nyrkov village ), but still it attracts tourists with a unique combination of beautiful nature and the majestic ruins.
Through the city Zaleshchiki that on the left bank at the border Bukovina and Ternopil region , Ternopil – trail passes Chernivtsi and strategic railway Brest- Odessa . Zaleshchiki village was first mentioned in 1578 , although it is known that in 1340 there was a settlement Zalesye . The present town was founded around 1750 , and in 1766 received the Magdeburg Law . Was owned by the Polish magnates Lubomirski , then Kraków castellan S. Poniatowski . In 1763, built the Church of St. Stanislaus. Zaleshchiki famous as a climatic resort with beautiful beaches on the river Dniester as well as a wine center . In 1919, the city became the capital of a few days of the West Ukrainian People's Republic – here it was the government, and 20 years later, after the German attack on Poland , here temporarily housed the Polish government . Preserved some of the old buildings and temples . The most amazing view of the city on three sides of the Dniester ridden wide ribbon , opens with a high opposite bank of the river from the village. Khreschatyk .
Chernivtsi is often called "Little Vienna" or even "Little Paris" for striking architectural image with a touch of Austrian Secession and Art Nouveau French . City originates from the ancient fortress p . Rod embedded in the XII century. to protect the southern borders of the Galician principality . First referred to as " Black City " in documents in 1408 was a member of Moldavia , Turkey, Austria-Hungary , and Romania. In 1940 became a regional center of Bukovina . Modern look Chernivtsi otnostitelno recently started to form – the second half of the XVIII century. , By which the city is marked by integrity architectural ensembles in the historic center , where the intertwined Byzantine , Gothic , Baroque and other styles . The most famous architectural monuments appeared in the XIX century . The most valuable of these is the residence of Bukovina metropolitans , which is now posted Chernovtsy State University . Many temples of various churches and denominations indicates multiculturalism , interethnic harmony and understanding in the city. Day of Chernivtsi is celebrated the first Saturday and Sunday of October.